We recently found a bug with the page turner. If a user selects a folio by using the text box and then goes to the next page using the slider button or corner/edge dragging, the book will flip forward one page and then immediately back one page.
The source of the problem appears to be the flash application, but its not entirely clear. For the time being we have removed the slider and disabled corner/edge dragging. Pages can still be turned by clicking on the larger buttons pointing right and left.
Alternatively we could keep the slider and dragging behaviour by having the text box reload the entire page turner when a folio is entered. Let us know if you would prefer this option.
It’s been about one month since we launched the new Roman de la Rose Digital Library. We are planning to publicize the Digital Library through various mailing lists in a few days. Even without widespread publicity, we have noted the following usage statistics in the first month (we have filtered out our own use of the site):
- 906 visits from 49 different countries or territories
- The top five countries represented (in order): United States, Spain, United Kingdom, France, Germany
- 640 absolute unique visitors
- 30% of these visitors have returned to the site
- 32 of these visitors have used the site 9-14 times
- 22 of these visitors have used the site 15-25 times
- 50 of these visits lasted between 10-30 minutes
- 16 of these visits lasted over 30 minutes
We look forward to more visits over time.