Below is a list of the changes. Later posts will give more detailed explanations of the new features.
- Content updates
- Layout fixes
Collection spreadsheet: New feature!
- Mined manuscript descriptions to create spreadsheet
- Tabular view with Google visualizations
- Downloadable in CSV format for use with local spreadsheet applications
Illustration titles: New feature!
- Tabular view of titles, average position, and frequency.
- Data generated from image tagging
- Moved to tabular Google visualization
- Link to view in Google docs
Narrative sections: New feature!
- Poem divided into sections. Each section has an id, a description, and a Lecoy range.
- Tabular view of ids, titles, and Lecoy range
- Click on section id to search for folios containing that section
Narrative mapping: New feature!
- A manuscript is mapped by finding the start and end of each section in that manuscript.
- The mapping may be done manually, which takes a long time, or automatically.
- The automatic mapping takes as input a description of the book structure and guesses the column of the section start/end.
- Only a few manuscripts are mapped so far.
- The sections can be searched by title and id.
- Section in the current page can be displayed to the right of the page turner.
- Manual mapping includes a transcription of the first line of each section.
Character names: New feature!
- List of characters in the poem
- Lecoy number always displayed with leading L
- Display date when site last updated
- Navigation on left reworked
- Rubrics that are transcribed when describing the book structure for automatic narrative mapping are searchable
- Normalization of illustration titles in image tagging
- Hit enter in text box to do advanced search
- Additional and updated French translations
- Guessing names of printed book folios works better.
- Finer grained tracking of site usage with Google analytics.
- Mention contactus email when internal error occurs
- Summary book descriptions added
- More manuscripts cropped for page turner
- Google visualization api used for tabular views of site. Click on column title to sort (unless sort is disabled for that table)
- Webkit (Safari, Chrome) layout problem with header being offset.
- Tabular Google visualization sometimes has columns misaligned. Click on column title to fix.